Female Pelvic Floor Workshop Newcastle
Do you want to update your skills?
A comprehensive 2 day workshop presenting the basic theory and practical skills needed for treating urinary incontinence in women through retraining the muscles of the pelvic floor and lifestyle changes.
The workshop is open to professionally qualified Physiotherapists, Nurses (RN’s), Continence Nurses, Midwives, Doctors and student Physiotherapists, Nurses, Continence Nurses and Midwives. The workshop is open to women and men. For men booking, please contact Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy on (02) 4975-1311 for special terms and conditions.
When: Saturday 29th September and Sunday 30th September, 2018
Where: Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Suite 18, Level 2, OTP House, 10 Bradford Close, Kotara, NSW, 2289
Kotara is located approximately 9km south of downtown Newcastle. Kotara is approximately 27km from Newcastle airport. There is train station at both Kotara and Adamstown which are under 2km from Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy.
Speaker: Eileen Lavis – Eileen graduated as a Physiotherapist in 1993 and has a Post Graduate Certificate (Continence & Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation) and a Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion & Management. Eileen carries a busy clinical caseload and lectures at the University of Newcastle. Eileen contracts to teach courses for The Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Why: Theory, tutorials AND 3 hrs of practical sessions with small group tutors ensures comprehensive coverage of the topic to enable you to see clients straight away.
This workshop is strictly limited to 5 people. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Cost: – $560 (inl GST)
(10% discount if booking the Male Pelvic Floor Workshop at the same time).
Current students: $450 (inl GST) (student identification to be provided)
- Review of female anatomy and the physiology of incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction through the ages and prolapse
- Clinically relevant assessment methods
- Clinical assessment forms for you to use in your practice straight away
- Evidence based treatment strategies
- Actual client clinical case studies
- 3 hours of practical sessions including vaginal examinations with excellent tutor to participant ratio
- Opportunity to ask questions and have open discussions.
- Pre-reading and workbook provided
- A copy of Women’s Waterworks Curing Incontinence – worldwide best seller written by Dr Pauline Chiarelli
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on both days
- Certificate of attendance
Who should attend:
- Physiotherapists wishing to commence work in the field of continence and pelvic floor training and those already working in the field wishing to consolidate their knowledge.
- Nurses & Continence Nurses wishing to commence work in the field of continence or those wishing to enhance and build upon their existing skills.
- Midwives wishing to expand their pelvic floor assessment and management skills will find the course beneficial.
- Doctors including trainees, interns and registrars wishing to have a thorough understanding of the conservative management of female continence issues and the role of Physiotherapists and conservative management.
- Students of Physiotherapy, Nursing, Continence nursing and Midwifery wishing to commence a career in women’s health and continence
CPFP = Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
|Saturday 29th September 2018||Presenter||Venue|
|8.00am||Registration – Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy||CPFP|
|8.45am||Toward Continence: What we’ve got and how it works. Part 1||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|9.30am||Towards Continence: Part 2||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|10.30am||Assessment & Evaluation – Bladder training||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|12.10pm||Practical demonstration ultrasound imaging of the pelvic floor in action||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|1.30pm||Pelvic organ prolapse: Did it fall or was it pushed?||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|2.45pm||Introduction to vaginal assessment – preparation for the practical session||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|3.15pm||Afternoon tea & change location||CPFP|
|3.45pm||Practical session – part 1 – vaginal assessment||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|5.15pm||Close Day 1|
|Sunday 30th September 2018||Presenter||Venue|
|8.30am||Review of Saturday content: Questions and answers||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|8.45am||Pelvic floor in the childbearing year||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|9.45am||Aging and continence||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|11.00am||Principles of muscle rehabilitation and pelvic floor muscle exercise||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|11.30am||Formulating a treatment plan – bringing it all together||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|12.15pm||Assessing Pelvic Floor Muscle Function – preparation for the practical session||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|12.45pm||Lunch & change location||CPFP|
|1.30pm||Practical session – part 2 – assessment of pelvic floor muscles||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|3.30pm||Case studies and debrief||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|4.30pm||Close day 2|