Male Pelvic Floor Workshop
Do you want to expand your skills treating men with continence issues?
A comprehensive 1 day workshop presenting of the basic theory and practical skills needed for treating urinary incontinence in men through retraining the muscles of the pelvic floor. Pre and post operative pelvic floor muscle exercise for prostate cancer will be covered
This workshop is open to Physiotherapists, Nurses (RN’s), Continence Nurses or Doctors. Attendance is available for both male and female health professionals.
Where: Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. Cnr: The Grand Parade & Princess Street, Brighton-le-Sands, NSW, 2216
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach is approximately 6km or 14 minutes from Sydney airport.
Rockdale train station is approximately 2km from the hotel
There is easy access from the M5 and Princess Highway
Special delegate parking rates – day only = $15 Overnight = $25
Parking station height = 1.9m
Delegates will be able to access reduced rooms rates with a special booking code if wishing to stay at the venue:
Standard run of house room AUD229.00 Occupant 1 with buffet breakfast
Bayview Run of House Suite AUD259.00 Occupant 1 with buffet breakfast
When booking rooms quote RPS220818 in order to activate the rates above.
Accommodation is booked directly with Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach on 02 9556-5111.
The code is only available until 21 days prior to the workshop.
When: Saturday September 22, 2018
Eileen Lavis – Eileen graduated as a Physiotherapist in 1993 and has a Post Graduate Certificate (Continence & Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation). Eileen carries a busy clinical caseload and lectures at the University of Newcastle.
Cost: Early Bird Cost: $375 inc GST > 6 weeks prior (11/8/2018) and $400 inc GST after 11/8/2018.
Current students: $320 incl GST (student identification to be provided)
|Eileen Lavis – Eileen graduated as a Physiotherapist in 1993 with a special interest in women’s health and continence which started as an undergraduate. In 2002 Eileen completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation from Melbourne University. In 2008 Eileen won The Continence Foundation of Australia National Conference Scholarship. Then in 2013 Eileen won The Continence Foundation of Australia Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion & Management scholarship and completed the scholarship with a mark of 99.6% in 2014. Eileen has owned Rathmines Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre since 2002 with her husband and in 2014 purchased the very successful Chiarelli Healthcare. To better reflect the services provided by both companies Eileen merged the Continence & Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy team of Rathmines Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre with the training and products company of Chiarelli Healthcare to open Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy. Eileen’s additional roles include:
Eileen is passionate about improving people’s health and well being and continues to hold a clinical caseload as well as developing and promoting continence and pelvic floor training workshops for professionals and the public.
- Review of male anatomy and the physiology of incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Clinically relevant assessment methods
- Clinical assessment forms for you to use in your practice straight away
- Evidence based treatment strategies
- Actual clinical case studies
- Pre and Post prostatectomy assessment and treatment
- Opportunity to ask questions and have open discussions
- Pre-reading and workbook provided
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on the day
- Certificate of attendance
Who should attend:
- Physiotherapists wishing to commence work in the field of male continence and pelvic floor training and those already working in the field wishing to consolidate their knowledge.
- Nurses & Continence Nurses wishing to commence work in the field of male continence or those wishing to enhance and build upon their existing skills.
- Doctors including trainees, interns and registrars wishing to have a thorough understanding of the conservative management of male continence issues and the role of Physiotherapists and conservative management.
|8.30am – 8.40am||Introduction||Eileen Lavis|
|8.40am – 9.30am||Anatomy & Physiology||Eileen Lavis|
|9.30am – 10.00am||Men Have Pelvic Floor Muscles Too||Eileen Lavis|
|10.00am – 10.30am||Prostate Cancer||Eileen Lavis|
|10.30am -11.00am||Morning tea|
|11.00am – 11.45am||Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (MLUTS)||Eileen Lavis|
|11.45am-1.00pm||Assessment the whole picture||Eileen Lavis|
|2.00pm-2.45pm||Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercise Prescription||Eileen Lavis|
|2.45pm-4.15pm||MLUTS Management Strategies||Eileen Lavis|
|4.30pm-5.00pm||Case Studies||Eileen Lavis|